Sunday, January 2, 2011

If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies.

HELLO 2011! With the New Year upon us I figured there was no better time than the present for a new blog. Don't get me wrong, squarespace was very good to me in 2010, however with a new baby arriving in a few months we're taking every opportunity to save a little dough. 

That being said [and for those who are new to this blog], yes, we are expecting a little girl in April! This is our first child and we couldn't be more excited. The past few months have changed us greatly, namely in wanting to simplify our life as much as possible while we still can. Starting a family is going to be a wonderful challenge for us, one that we're ready to take head on. 

2010 was a pretty spectacular year, therefore 2011 has a lot of owning up to do. Some of the highlights of 2010 were: 

     January
  • Turned 27 and spent the evening with the most amazing friends!



     February
  • Spent Valentine's Day with my husband and my parents at Morton's Steakhouse. Hands down the best meal I ate all year. 

     March
  • Anniversary trip to Disneyland! Three nights in an amazing hotel with the love of my life. 
  • Went to see the musical Wicked for the first time... such a phenomenal show!
  • Attended my first Sharks game!! If only San Jose was closer I'd become a regular. 
    
     April
  • Hot Country Nights concert in Oakland. Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, and Dierks Bentley all under the same roof. Love <3
  • Attended the Brooks and Dunn Last Rodeo Tour with my mama. We were three rows from the stage, and they performed for almost three hours. A night I will truly never forget. 

    
May
  • Walked for Breast Cancer on Mother's day with my mom, mother-in-law, and both families. Such a moving experience. 
  • Met the most wonderful girl from Italy, Elisa, leading me to have a pen-pal halfway around the world. 
  • Went to see Wicked.... again!

    
June
  • Got HORRIBLY sunburnt. [How in the world did this make the list?]

    
July
  • Met my niece for the first time! 
  • One of my closest and oldest girlfriends, Katie, welcomed her little boy Brandon into the world! 
  • Went to the state fair [only my favorite place to eat in the entire world]. 

    
August
  • Discovered we were pregnant! 

    
September
  • My best friend Shanna welcomed her little girl Taylor into the world! I pulled an all-nighter and waited at the hospital until she was born. Such a moving experience!
  • Went to my first [and last] 49ers game. They lost [of course]. And that stadium is G-H-E-T-T-O.

    
October
  • Went to a World Series playoff game [and watched my Giants kick some Phillies ass]!

    
November
  • GIANTS WIN THE WORLD SERIES! 
  • Drove 2800 miles [through seven states] with my hubby to visit his brother and family in Denver. Note to self - New Mexico is the most boring state EVER. 

    
December
  • My baby sister got her Masters!
  • Spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with the most wonderful families in the world.

I have never been more excited for a year to start, and knowing I will be a mommy in a few months is even more bittersweet. Here's to 2011 being the best year ever!

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing list Ashley which leads me to patiently await your list of Wonderful events in 2011 next year this time! I enjoyed the events that I was with you last year and of course this year Dad and I CAN'T WAIT to meet our precious granddaughter. 2011 will definitely be filled with much happiness and love and I for one am excited to begin this new advernture with my daughter, son and their new little one. This little girl will be so fortunate to have both grandmother's and granddaddy's to love her, spoil her and protect her!
    I look forward to reading more of your thoughts and feelings as this year progresses. I love you Ashley and wish you and Adam the Happiest Year yet.... with each year getting even better!
    Love, Love, Love you three so much,
    your MaMa

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2011 is going to be an awesome year. Spoors + 1!

    ReplyDelete